Thursday, April 7, 2011

Jane Austen...You Will Not Beat Me...

So I am still slogging through Pride and Prejudice and let me just say it is a fight. I feel like I should love this novel, girl who is too smart for her ownl good and kind of whiny (check), boy is who is the same as girl just somewhat socially inept (check), girl who is indignant to all the boy is but is still falling in love with him (check), Bidget Jones' Dairies (check) oh sorry no check.  Yet it is soooooooooooo BRITISH and VICTORIAN I just can't stand it. A read that should have taken me a couple of weeks has dragged on for 2 months and I am only half way through. But I promise you this Jane Austen will loose this fight I will read this all the way to the end.

In other news I feel like if Donald Trump runs for president I am leaving this country...Seriously...leaving for Canada, Mexico, Europe I will officially be an ex-pat.

I must work but truly this week has been super boring and I just can't get it in me to get ready this morning.

I will say that I think that my ranty bf though wonderful in so many ways is totally insane when it comes to politics.

3 comments:

  1. And, in my defense, you know I'm reading Native Son for the first time, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! Wait! My first comment didn't post!

    It was something something something "You only think I'm insane because you think you NEED Burberry wallets" something something "No way Trump will get the nomination. His "hair" is the nail in the coffin" something something "Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy"

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy.

    ReplyDelete