Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday, Headache, Warm, and French Dip

Today felt like that book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." Realizing in the grand scheme of things that this wasn't the worst day ever and that there are certainly people having worse days that I have had, and that I will have worse days, it was a bad day. My day started out with dogs walking all over me at 6am, one dog specifically couldn't sleep anymore. Dinga the blue healer from hell strikes again, truly a sweet but dumb and brutish dog, who has no control over herself. So I take a shower and discover a pimple but not a normal pimple, one of those that you can't pop they just hurt like hell. I get in the car and drive to work some solace I get to listen to The History of Rome podcast one of my favorite things about Monday. Yes, I am that big of a dork that one of the highlights of my week is a history podcast. I get to work and have to listen to a mind numbing MIND NUMBING! conference call by then end of the call I have a headache. This headache will stay with me all day. My new division manager comes to work and I am not in the mood for managery things they are just so annoying. The acting like you care, and like you are crazy over the top I LOVE THIS PLACE when frankly I really don't. Then lots of customers lots of customer and more customers. Headache, more headache.

Now I am home waiting for my headache to go away, I do have to say that Todd made a rocking awesome french dip from the rocking awesome prime rib he made yesterday. My god it was good so good.  So I guess not a bad day after all.

Speaking of food this weekend was a food riot. Todd, I, and some friends went to the Green Well for his birthday I had a Oberon honey glazed Cornish Hen with a vegetable stuffing I never take pictures of my food because it feels pretentious but here is a picture.

Before

After

.  Todd also made the best prime rib I have ever had he cocooned it in a concoction of salt and flower that he had to break off with a hammer it was crazy I forgot to take a picture after the shell was off.

No comments:

Post a Comment