So I never give anything up for Lent, I am not very religious and just don't see the point. If you believe in this stuff is giving up chocolate really the same as Jesus going out into the desert and fasting for 40 days or you know dying on the Cross. Probably not. So anyway, there is my annual Lent is pointless rant and here I am giving crap up, really I would like to say I am choosing a convenient time to go on a diet. Todd's diet to be exact which is forcing me to give up carbohydrates at home and candy all the time. Now for all who know me, know this, I love both. I can and have made myself sick eating candy I am a candy freak, FREAK! I love all candy, hard, gummy (especially gummy), chocolate (dark)...I love it all. This is also the best candy time of the year, in my humble opinion, there are jelly beans of all favors and varieties, peeps, Cadbury Creme Eggs!, Sweetarts in fun little Easter shapes, chocolate covered marshmallows, and so many more. And Todd would have me believe that this will make all of this special when I can have it but I have found a loophole in Lent. For all of you who don't know the Catholic tradition, Lent is 40 days long but actually the time period from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday is 47 days long. Odd you say, why yes you get Sunday.
I am looking forward to a nice weekend I have Saturday off. Tonight is Margaret Cho with the gays, I believe that we are going out to eat before or after. Today I have to run (3miles) then some running around today. We have to introduce Lucy to Todd's sister's dog Tillie that should be fun. Tomorrow is a long run (6miles) and hanging with bf Erin. I am looking forward to a good weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment