Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Cake is a Lie

Yes it is true...the cake is a lie...I would like to thank Paul for going to Geneva and finding that bit of graffiti I think it may be one of the best quotes ever. It sounds so like the beginning of some art house scifi movie.

Anyway well it is snowing again in western Michigan I know that it was too much to hope for to have it all end so early. c'est la vie. I am delighted that I have tomorrow off from work I am way burned out right now and just tired of winter, Michigan and cold. These are the times of year that I think that I would love to go somewhere warm. I realize that nowhere is perfect but come on this is just too much. I then have to come back to earth and say to myself no Michael you cannot just fly off to Italy or Spain and spend the rest of your life being an ex-patriot you still need to work. Eh work blah blah blah. Sitting in a cafe in Italy or Spain drinking cappuccino or eating some amazing Mediterranean seafood now that it a life I could live. Instead I watch snow fall and coat the world in grays, and whites.

I am making a point to do a few things this year. First there is the 13 book series, I am still on "Jacob De Zoet" but I will get it done. Second, I and Erin discovered that we have never been to Chicago together, this must be rectified. Three, I am still running and plan on the Fifth Third River Bank 25k but I am also going to run a half marathon or marathon outside of Western Michigan. Fourth, I am going to take a trip to the U.P. I have never been and money be damned this year it will happen. Fifth, I will watch more foreign movies and less regular television. Sixth, I am going to start saving some money for nothing in particular but to actually have a savings and then once that is set I am going to save more for a trip to somewhere exotic, I am thinking Buenos Aries, or Istanbul, or Australia somewhere not Europe and not America.
That's it remember The Cake is a Lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment