Monday, February 7, 2011

Shoveling Epic, or Epic Shoveling

Well I promise this will be the last I say about my snow shoveling experience this past week. As everyone should know last Wednesday the greater Grand Rapids area received about 16 - 18 inches of snow and I had the day off. Now, I should say that I did not have a day off due to snow, no, that day was just my day off during the week. So, Todd thought, and I am sure now regrets this thought, that I could earn some extra money helping him shovel snow. As most people who know me would quickly state, um Michael do you think this is a good idea manual labor isn't really your thing is it. I said a very reluctant whiny yes I will do it. Well we wake up way too early and get ready, I walk outside to about 16 inches of snow. We drive, and by this I mean almost die like about 100 times and two tracked though snow on the expressway, to the first office park and there are snow drifts 4 feet deep. I have a hard time not whining while shoveling 2 or 3 inches of snow, seriously you want me to shovel 4 fracking feet of this shit, ok. I start shoveling and pushing snow, we move to the next office park, then to the huge condos that I think now one lived in, and then the ugly way too expensive gated community. So Star Trek jump to the future 9 hours later and I am about to sit down in the driveway of a $800,000 home, start crying and die, just let the snow cover me and they will uncover me in the springtime. I hurt still from this snow and I have decided to never ever shovel that much show in my life. It is called a snowblower people, a SNOWBLOWER!

On a postive note I listened to like six hours of "Fresh Air with Terry Gross" and listened to a great very funny interview with The Black Keys and bought their last album because of it. Erin and Peter also had something to do with this too, but really the very funny story about a bunch of gay men dress up like Santa for Christmas in July might have pushed me over the edge. I add it to my list of totally awesome music purchased in the last 9 months starting with Weezer's best album Pinkerton,.

Now on to running...it was a bad week for running, first the snow shoveling, then the hurt from the snow shoveling. I did run a 6mile long run but lost no weight this week, still 209 this morning.

This weeks running schedule

Monday - 35 min slow run
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - 2.5 mile run
Thursday - 45 min run
Friday -  2.5mile run
Saturday - 1mile run/ 20min walk
Sunday - 6mile run

No comments:

Post a Comment