Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stupidity from the Tea Party

"We know that was slavery that was still tolerated when the nation began. We know that was an evil and a block and a stain upon our history. But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the united states. and i think it is high time that we recognize the contribution of our fore-bearers who worked tirelessly, men like John Quincy Adams, who would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country." Rep. Michele Bachmann (R - Minn)


So this piece of idiocy came out of one of our United States Representatives. Apparently Michele Bachmann knows nothing about American history or chooses to recreate an American history in which our founding fathers are gods who made no mistakes. She completely wipes away the reality that our Constitution has many provisions for slavery and that many, many of our founding fathers owned slaves and had no interest in ending slavery as an institution. Also, she wipes away the contribution of the many abolitionist that worked for may years to end slavery in the United States.  She wipes away the 600,000 Americans that died on both sides in a war fought over slavery. These unfortunate facts don't fit into her narrative of our founding fathers and perfect men that would support her cause. She also clearly does not know that there is a difference between John Adams, and his son John Quincy Adams.  John Adams founding father, John Quincy Adams second generation not a founding father.


So I am watching the State of the Union and thinking that John Beohner (R - Ohio) looks some what bored. I am usually bored out of my mind by the State's of the Union. I do have to say that I would rather look at John Beohner then Nancy Pelosi (aka Skeletor) she frightens me just a little bit. I won't lie she frightens me a lot. 


So I would also like to curse all the people who choose not to shovel their sidewalks, those bastard make it very hard to run. My run was a bit hard because not only does no one in Grand Rapids shovel a sidewalk, GR apparently does not believe in plowing roadways  so I get either way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment