...This is what I yelled when some how I opened the back door on my foot. In a weird maneuver I was trying to keep a dog in the house while not having shoes on because I left them in the car (seriously don't ask) and open a door at the same time...and the motherfucking door opened up on my foot stubbing my middle toe. Now this would normally just piss me off for a little while but in typical Michael Vander Elzen fashion I stub my toe so that it is now black and blue and bleeding, 10 days before a 25k.
In other news I had a lovely time at Elizabeth's birthday party, and was muy jealous over her nook.
So I am going to state the obvious and must be included in every blog this week. Osama Bin Laden was killed by the U.S. government. I found it weird in the way that I found the news of Michael Jackson or Elizabeth Taylor's deaths were weird. Bin Laden had become somewhat of a fixture in the world in the way that politicians or celebrities do, now he is dead. He's dead and I find myself not caring, not finding anything to celebrate, and not finding any closure. He masterminded a huge tragedy, that lead to even more deaths because our government involved us in to wars with seemingly no end. No Bin Laden's death doesn't bring anything to a close. It is just odd something lost but something that you don't really care much about.
No comments:
Post a Comment