Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Iowa made me do it...

Obviously I have not blogged in a while...I am not sure why. I haven't had much to say and I have been busy. My last blog post was a sort of lame perfunctory list of my favorite romantic movies. I will re-list without pictures top ten favorite romantic movies again in no particular order as they depend on my mood....
1. Romeo and Juliet - the Zeffirelli version if only for the music.
2. Love Actually - Laura Linney, Colin Firth...need I say more
3. Harold and Maude - Love isn't about perfection it about being yourself with all your imperfections.
4. Moulin Rouge - beautiful...and Come What May.
5. Four Weddings and a Funeral - I know I HATE ANDIE MACDOWELL (YOU CAN'T ACT!) but I love Hugh Grant and everyone else in the cast...and reciting W. H. Auden's Funeral Blues (the first movie I sobbed at)
6. The Princess Bride - Inconceivable - True Love - Perfect Kisses - As you wish...
7. A Single Man - Colin Firth again
8. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Kate Winslet was robbed of an Academy Award...We all want to erase parts of our lives but to what end.
9. Edward Scissorhands - Johnny Depp at his finest...
10. Say Anything... - In Your Eyes...

Now that I am done with that little exercise...I am coming up with my New Year's resolution. First I must discuss my resolutions for last year. They were to run more, which I did for about half the year. I did run the Fifth Third Riverbank Run 25k which was awesome and fun. Then the last half of the year I have struggled to get back out there partly because of the new job and trying to figure out when I can run. Resolution number 1...Run again...in the morning. My other resolution was to read some books 12 to be exact. That did not happen...I blame Pride and Prejudice...it was so long and arduous, it hurt my brain.
so my list and what I finished crossed out...So I will carry over the 10 I didn't finish...yay I will add more...
1. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet - David Mitchell
2. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
3. Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood
4. Underworld - Don Delillo
5. Nueromancer - William Gibson
6. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen 
7. The House of Mirth - Edith Wharton 
8. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
9. Something Wicked This Way Comes - Ray Bradbury
10. Atonement - Ian McEwan
11. The Folding Star - Alan Hollinghurst
12. Titus Groan - Mervyn Peake
13. The Cider House Rules - John Irving 

2 comments:

  1. Take "The House of Mirth" off your list asap unless you're willing to wait until spring to read it. And start with "Underworld."

    I'm contemplating "Dead Souls" by Gogol. If you're really my friend you'll talk me out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not only talk you out of it but if you pick it up I will drive down to your place and rip it out of your hands...
    I think that if I tackle "House of Mirth" it will be summer the same goes for "Atonement"

    ReplyDelete